LUGANO, Switzerland – The ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2021, the European platform dedicated to the development and use of immunotherapies for cancer treatment, will be held as an onsite and online congress.
The Scientific programme will provide a comprehensive overview of immunotherapy-based cancer treatment, from the basics of immunotherapies to the latest research results, and from the understanding of the different treatment options to the management of toxicities and interpretation of new data.
- New immunotherapies to improve the treatment of solid tumours: From cell-based therapies to soluble T-cell engagers and T-cell co-stimulation
- Biomarkers for immunotherapy: The future is in the hand of tools built on combinations
- Trained immunity as a new promising oncology target
- Tumour mutational burden as a number to enhance prediction of outcomes in patients treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Updates and novel data in melanoma, haematological malignancies, gastrointestinal, thoracic, head and neck, breast and gynecological cancers
ESMO Immuno-Oncology 2020 and 2021 Keynote lectures
- “The crucial players of the immune microenvironment”, by Wolf-Hervé Fridman, winner of the ESMO Immuno-Oncology 2021 Award
- “Checkpoint blockade therapy for melanoma: combinations to improve outcomes” by Jedd D. Wolchok, winner of the ESMO Immuno-Oncology 2020 Award
ESMO welcomes media interested in reporting from the ESMO events and on cancer issues. Only through the official accreditation process with the ESMO Media Registration Form, accredited media representatives will be able to access scientific and educational sessions (in person, live streamed and on-demand), live Q&A with invited speakers, e-posters, exhibition and industry satellite symposia, post-event resources.
Participants attending in person must follow the COVID-19 safety regulations that ESMO will apply according to the latest local authority guidelines and requirements.
To enter the congress venue everyone will be required to show:
- A certificate providing evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, OR
- A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
Additionally, for all it is requested:
- Proof of negative PCR test or rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours.
ESMO Press Office
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2021
Official Congress hashtag: #ESMOImmuno21