The ESMO Designated Centres (DC) accreditation programme, initiated in 2003, recognises cancer centres that provide highly integrated oncology and palliative care services, with the goal of improving research, education and clinical practice by setting standards for service development.
Palliative and Supportive Care Library
Keep up to date with the latest publications, e-learning and much more to make sure you don’t miss anything!
- Advanced Care Planning
- Bone Health in Cancer Patients
- Cancer, Pregnancy and Fertility
- Cancer-related Fatigue
- Central Venous Access in Oncology
- Chemotherapy Extravasation
- Refractory Symptoms at the End of Life and the Use of Palliative Sedation
- Treatment of Dyspnoea in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) in Cancer Patients
- Febrile Neutropaenia
- Infusion Reactions to Systemic Anticancer Therapy
- Oral and Gastrointestinal Mucosal Injury
- Prevention of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting
- Toxicities from Immunotherapy
- A Guide for Patients with Advanced Cancer: Getting the most out of your oncologist
- ESMO Patient Guide on Cancer Pain Management
- User's Manual for Oncology Clinicians. The guide presents 'clinician's notes' for each of the 16 chapters in the patients' guide – A Guide for Patients with Advanced Cancer: Getting the most out of your oncologist.
- Published in Annals of Oncology: European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) position paper on supportive and palliative care
- Joint publication in the Journal of Clinical Oncology and the Annals of Oncology: ASCO-ESMO consensus statement on quality cancer care
- Published in Psycho-Oncology "Factors influencing the attitudes and behaviors of oncologists regarding the truthful disclosure of information to patients with advanced and incurable cancer".
- Published in the Annals of Oncology: European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Programme for the Integration of Oncology and Palliative Care: a 5-year review of the Designated Centres’ incentive programme
- Published in Annals of Oncology ESMO takes a stand on supportive and palliative care