Led by Editor in Chief Fatima Cardoso, The Breast is one of the latest additions to the ESMO family of journals.
The Breast is a multidisciplinary open access journal which focuses on translational and clinical research for the advancement of breast cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all stages.
What type of papers does The Breast publish?
The Editors welcome the submission of original research articles, systematic reviews, viewpoints/commentaries and debate articles, and correspondences on all areas of pre-malignant and malignant breast disease, including:
- Epidemiology and prevention
- Translational research, encompassing the use of new technologies, molecular biology, genetics and pathology
- Screening, early diagnosis, follow-up and response assessment: use of imaging, nuclear medicine and other technologies
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Breast surgery
- Quality of life
- Supportive care
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Breast nursing
- Breast units management and organization of breast care, including health economics
Why publish with The Breast?
- Our journal's Impact Factor is 3.9 (2022) and our CiteScore is 6.7 (2022)
- Your article will be tagged Open Access in ScienceDirect so it is easy to find for more than 1 million visitors a day
- Rigorous peer review by noted experts in the field
- Authors receive a first decision within an average of 2.5 weeks
ESMO members are entitled to receive a 20% discount on the journal's article publication charge for all papers submitted after January 1st 2023. Find out more about joining ESMO