The ESMO Membership Committee is responsible for defining the criteria for the various categories of membership and the process to be applied for admitting members to the society. The committee also provides strategic guidance to the membership department for member recruitment, retention and engagement.
The Committee reports directly to the ESMO Executive Board and is composed of:
- Membership Committee Chair, who has a seat on the Executive Board
- Officers representing the membership community
The Committee is supported by the Head of the Membership Department and Membership Team.
Terms of Office
The Committee Chair serves a two-year mandate.
Officers serve a term of two years which is renewable.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Reviewing and recommending changes to the membership structure, criteria and fees in line with the ESMO Bylaws and on approval of the Executive Board
- Defining the membership application process
- Reviewing and approving membership applications
- Providing strategic guidance to the Membership Department for member recruitment and retention
- Surveying members needs and satisfaction and making proposals for new member benefits
- Managing the reciprocal membership process
- Providing regular reports to the Executive Board
- Michael Acquah, Ghana
- Bharti Devnani, India
- Ann Meredith Garcia Trinidad, Philippines
- Carlos Gomez-Roca, France
- Ingrid Mayer, United States of America
- Mila Petrova, Bulgaria
- Erika Ruiz-Garcia, Mexico
- Elli Sophia Tripodaki, Greece
- Arndt Vogel, Germany
- Hongcheng Zhu, China
Last updated: January 2021