Join ESMO to become part of an international community of oncology professionals sharing best practices and the latest know-how in cancer treatment and care.
We are committed to advancing the specialty of medical oncology promoting an integrated approach to cancer care – get involved to take advantage of all that ESMO has to offer.
Who can join ESMO?
In addition to medical oncologists, we welcome all eligible professionals working in healthcare or research with an interest and educational background in oncology and/or science to become a Member of ESMO.
We offer various categories of Membership designed to meet our members’ professional needs. Apply for Membership online or at the ESMO Membership Services Desks at events and find the option that best suits your career stage and profession.
You will need an account with ESMO to join the Society. If you already have one, you’ll need to sign in and click “Become a member” on the left-hand side of your screen to open the membership application.
If you have participated at an ESMO organised event in the past, you already have an ESMO account. If you can’t remember your login details, please contact us (select Membership) and we’ll be happy to help you.
Don’t have an ESMO account?
Create your ESMO account and activate it through the validation link you will be sent via email. Once you have set your password and are logged in, click “Become a member” on the left-hand side of your screen to open the membership application.
Before you apply be sure you have everything you need!
- Have an updated copy of your Curriculum Vitae in English (Word or PDF format) ready to upload to your application
- Have your credit card ready to pay online if you wish to activate your membership immediately
Medical doctors who are members of a national medical oncology society:
- Check if ESMO has a reciprocal agreement with your national society to see if you are eligible to receive a discount on your ESMO membership fee
- Have an official letter from the patient advocacy organization confirming you are involved in ready to upload to your application
Undergraduate medical or science students:
- Have a proof of your student status, i.e. an official statement or letter from the University confirming your undergraduate status and enrolment in an undergraduate course, ready to upload to your application
Our online application will determine which categories you qualify for. Please, however note that your application may need to be reviewed by the Membership Committee in order to determine the eligibility and the appropriate membership fee.
Membership can be renewed online no more than 90 days prior to the expiry date of your current subscription. You’ll need to sign in, click on “Renew Membership” on the left-hand side of your screen and confirm your personal details.
- Credit card: online payment with membership activated immediately.
- Bank transfer: membership will be activated upon receipt of the payment.
- Cash: only accepted in person at the ESMO booth and membership activated immediately.