What is ESMO-CoCARE
ESMO has launched an international collaborative project, the ESMO-CoCARE Registry, to quickly gather data and information from healthcare professionals about treatment approaches specifically focusing on the impact of SARS-CoV-2 on cancer patients who are suspected or confirmed to have the novel coronavirus disease (COVID19).
Pooling real-world data will make it possible to rapidly accumulate knowledge, which will allow to disseminate information and guidance for patients. Ultimately the project aims to propose approaches to mitigate the risks related to COVID-19 in cancer patients.
The survey is comprised of several parts, including patient demographics, COVID-19 and cancer diagnosis and treatment, and the evolution of both diseases.
Eligibility to participate
The ESMO-CoCARE Registry initiative is currently closed to new participants.
Benefits for joining centres
- Opportunity to collaborate in a joint endeavour with colleagues from around the world;
- Contributing to a better understanding of the effects of COVID-19 on cancer patients;
- Retaining full access to own patients’ data for further analysis.
- Emanuela Romano, Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Dirk Arnold, University Hamburg, Asklepios Tumorzentrum, AK Altona, Hamburg, Germany
- Luis Castelo-Branco, Algarve University Hospital, Portugal
- Kevin J. Harrington, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
- Olivier Michielin, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland
- George Pentheroudakis, ESMO, Switzerland
- Solange Peters, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland (ESMO President)
- Jennifer Whisenant Gray*, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
- Toni Choueiri*, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA