LUGANO-SINGAPORE – ESMO, the leading professional organisation for medical oncology, is pleased to announce the ESMO Asia 2017 Congress, which will be held 17 to 19 November at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Organised by an international scientific committee, composed of Asian and European experts, the congress will reveal research in all tumour types. The full scientific programme is available here
Studies to watch out for in the press programme include:
- Efficacy of alectinib versus crizotinib in Asian lung cancer patients in the global phase III ALEX study
- Analysis of EGFR mutation status in cerebrospinal fluid of lung cancer patients with brain metastases
- Asian subset analysis of the phase III FLAURA trial of osimertinib in advanced lung cancer
- AXEPT phase III trial of modified XELIRI versus FOLFIRI in Asian metastatic colorectal cancer patients
- MaGiC Study on mainstreaming genetic counselling for ovarian cancer in Malaysia
Also of interest to the press will be a number of studies on managing cancer with simple blood tests. Novel research will be presented on the future of ctDNA and liquid biopsies, and their impact on cancer detection and management.
The scientifc programme features numerous sessions in which global leaders will present the latest knowledge on state-of-the-art topics in the treatment of cancer, such as:
- Molecular alterations in clinical perspective: From discovery to everyday application in patient management
- Biomarkers for precision oncology or When does translational genomics meet oncologist?
- Cultural issues in cancer treatment and care
- ESMO Colloquium - The incoming wave of oncology Biosimilars, in Asia
- ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines: Adaptation of ESMO guidelines in Asia
- Cancer in pregnancy and management challenges
- Emerging immunotherapy opportunities in Head and Neck Cancer
ESMO welcomes members of the press interested in reporting on cancer. Registration to the ESMO Asia 2017 Congress is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card.
To register as press, please fill out the media registration form here
Full details of abstracts included in the ESMO Asia 2017 Congress press programme can be found here
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO Asia 2017 Congress
About the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
ESMO is the leading professional organisation for medical oncology. With 17,000 members representing oncology professionals from 150 countries worldwide, ESMO is the society of reference for oncology education and information. We are committed to supporting our members to develop and advance in a fast-evolving professional environment.