LUGANO Switzerland – Innovative breast cancer treatment will be discussed during the first ESMO Breast Cancer Congress in Berlin (2-4 May 2019). Over 1500 breast cancer researchers and clinicians will meet to discuss basic, clinical and translational research, prevention and epidemiology - all areas that have implications for treatment now and in the future.
The Congress programme offers numerous sessions looking at a variety of topics such as DNA damage, early clinical opportunities, immunotherapy and breast cancer response, metabolism, regulation of breast cancer diversity, and resistance. (1)
Latest research results
More than 200 studies will be shared with the audience in different formats (oral or poster presentations) and published online as a supplement of Annals of Oncology.
The following press releases will be issued
- “Global HER2 testing survey raises questions about priorities for breast cancer resources” – Abstract 42P_PR
- “Breast cancer in young women: good outcome despite aggressive disease with advised therapy” – Abstracts 101P_PR and 102P_PR
- “HER2 positive breast cancer: treatment de-escalation needs to be personalised” – Abstract 150O_PR
- “Continuous chemotherapy improves outcomes and quality of life in advanced breast cancer” – Abstracts 158P_PR and 159P_PR
- “ESMO Breast Cancer Congress: making the case for integrated care ahead of innovation” – Abstract 202P_PR
Detailed embargo information will be available online via the Congress Press & Media page.
ESMO welcomes media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues.
Registration is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card.
Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Media Policy.
To register as press, please fill out the media registration form.
We look forward to welcoming you in Berlin!
Maritim Hotel Berlin
10785 Berlin, Germany
For further information please contact
ESMO Press Office
Mashup Communications GmbH
Contact: Stefanie Möser
Mashup Communications GmbH has been appointed the official ESMO partner for German speaking journalists in connection with the ESMO Breast Cancer Congress 2019
Notes to Editors
1 During the opening session, Prof. Bergh, recipient of the first ESMO breast Cancer Award, will deliver a keynote lecture entitled “A long and winding road: Aiming to understand how best to treat an increasingly complex disease”.
Official Congress Hashtag: #ESMOBreast19