ESMO Translational Research and Precision Medicine Working Group (TR and PM WG) member’s position offers a unique opportunity for translational oncology scientists to support multiple ESMO translational research and precision cancer medicine projects and initiatives.
For detailed description of the ESMO TR and PM WG goals and responsibilities please check here.
About key achievements of the ESMO TR and PM WG please check here.
Through involvement in a wide range of strategic, educational activities in translational research and precision medicine fields, the ESMO TR and PM WG member will work closely with a WG Chair, other WG members and WG coordinator in the ESMO Head Office to ensure that the overall and project(s)-related objectives are achieved at timely basis. Therefore, ability to work as a team player is essential.
Applications from ESMO members with a solid career track in translational cancer research and precision cancer medicine and strong scientific background are welcomed. It is expected that applicants have excellent prioritisation skills in current and future oncology research agenda, that are deeply involved in translational research and precision medicine activities and work productively and proactively for success of the Working Group.
It is expected from all ESMO TR and PM WG members:
- To participate actively at Working Group meetings and phone conferences
- To participate actively in defining the Working Group plans and projects
- To participate occasionally as author/co-author in the Working Group activities/projects based on particular area of expertise
- To review educational/scientific material produced by other members of the Working Group or invited experts based on particular area of expertise
- To liaise with members from other ESMO committee(s) based on project requirements
- To represent the Working Group interests at other ESMO or external meetings upon prior agreement at Working Group level.
Serving in the ESMO Committees/Working Groups is at volunteer basis and usually doesn’t require involvement of more than 3 days per year.
The application is open until 15 March 2020.