The ESMO OncologyPRO Working Group (OPWG) aims to provide challenging and interesting digital education activities within ESMO. The Group works to create or source specialist training and CME opportunities for ESMO members and to supervise the quality of ESMO's online educational resources.
We are currently looking to identify three ESMO members to join this dynamic Working Group by the beginning of 2022.
Below is an overview of the tasks, responsibilities and application requirements. Specifically, we are looking for two of our new members to have expertise in breast and gynaecological cancer. In the second half of 2022 we will have vacancies for a further 6 members.
Application deadline: 20 December 2021
The activities and responsibilities of the OPWG are as follows:
- Overall responsibility for content quality and topics in the OncologyPRO website with special attention in their area of expertise
- Foster new educational resources including: E-Learning and V-Learning activities
- Advise on new sections on OncologyPRO
- Identify and formulate new CME opportunities
- Supervise the relevance and updating of online educational resources
- Advise on improvements to the site including search, usability and structure
Members work on a voluntary basis; the OPWG meets twice a year and work in between meetings is carried out by email. The appointment will be for a mandate of two years (from 1 January 2022 until 31 December 2023) and may be extended for an additional two terms.
- Be an ESMO Member (in good standing)
- Be a medical doctor practising in the oncology field
- Have good communication skills in English
- An interest in/understanding of digital delivery of content would be desirable
Candidates must not:
Currently hold a position in a for-profit healthcare organisation (excluding healthcare professionals in hospitals), pharmaceutical, diagnostic, biotechnology, medical technology and research, commercial medical education company or organisation, whether paid or not (except as a member of a scientific board or advisory board)
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they:
- Are committed to the strategic goals, values and vision of ESMO
- Make an active contribution to ESMO’s mission
- Show unquestionable commitment to the highest level of professional and personal ethics
- Are willing and able (in terms of time and knowledge) to accept the workload and responsibilities inherent to this position; and create a positive atmosphere for constructive teamwork
The candidate, as a condition of appointment, acknowledges that they:
- will, if selected, resign/withdraw at the latest by the start of the term of office from any employment or leadership position as an officer or in a body of any international medical professional society, research group, foundation or charity, whether paid or not, if this position adversely affects ESMO’s interests according to the Executive Board’s evaluation.
How to apply
Candidates should apply via the link below, providing the following documentation in English by 29 November 2021:
- Motivation statement including how you could contribute to the group in terms of new ideas
- Short Biography (no more than 600 words)
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
We look forward to receiving your application!