ESMO Global Curriculum Working Group
The Global Curriculum Working Group oversees the ESMO/ASCO Global Curriculum, a joint project between European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
It establishes global recommendations for the training of medical oncologists, with an overall goal that all patients have an equal chance of receiving treatment from well-trained physicians.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Compiling collective knowledge and experience in postgraduate training in medical oncology from international oncology experts
- Creating recommendations for standardising the training of medical oncologists
- Encouraging continued education for professional excellence during a lifetime career of practice
- Improving the care of cancer patients worldwide
- Christian Dittrich, Austria