LUGANO, Switzerland – The ESMO Asia Congress 2023 is the annual meeting to present and discuss the latest scientific and clinical advances across the entire field of oncology, of relevance at a global level and specifically for the Asia-Pacific region. The event will be held in person in Singapore from 1 to 3 December 2023.
Distinguished international experts, key opinion leaders, and Asia-Pacific oncology associations will be at the forefront to cover this year’s scientific programme, with sessions ranging from state-of-the-art multidisciplinary oncology care to the latest developments against the most prevalent cancer types in the region.
- New insights into the multifaced applications of liquid biopsies: from early detection and management of cancer to underpinning national screening programmes (Mini Oral session – LBA2, 56MO and Poster viewing session – 12P, 407P, 410P, 415P)
- Asian studies in the expanding role of real-world data in oncology to obtaining insights on (rare) immune related toxicities (Mini Oral session – 433MO, 434MO)
- Multimodal data integration for providing novel biomarker and personalised care in breast cancer (Mini Oral session – 1MO, 2MO, 3MO)
- Lifestyle changes, air pollution and screening programmes: what are the policy options to improve primary, secondary & tertiary cancer prevention in the Asia & Pacific region? (Educational session)
- Results in the Asian populations of global phase 3 trials in:
- resected, early-stage ALK+ non-small cell lung cancer (LBA1 – ALINA, Asia subgroup analysis)
- advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer and selected fibroblast growth factor receptor alterations (208O – THOR, Asia subgroup analysis)
- advanced HER2-negative gastric/gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (138MO – KEYNOTE-859, Asia subgroup analysis)
The results of the studies presented at the congress will be published online as a supplement to Annals of Oncology. The abstract titles can be viewed through the online programme.
ESMO welcomes press representatives working for recognised press outlets interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues, upon presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card. Press representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Policy on Press Activities. To apply for press accreditation, please fill out the form available here. Requests for press accreditation should be sent by Thursday, 30 November. Please, be kindly informed that onsite press accreditations will not be available.
ESMO Press Office
Notes to editor
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO Asia Congress 2023 and the official congress hashtag #ESMOAsia23. Follow it to stay up to date and use it to take part in the conversation on X (Twitter), LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook