Publication date: 30 January 2024
Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
Rue Gabrielle-Perret-Gentil 4
1211 Genève 14
Join the Geneva University Hospital (HUG), the only university and teaching hospital in the Geneva Canton and a prominent institution in the Romandie area. With a dedicated liver transplant unit boasting world-renowned specialists, HUG comprises 2,000 beds and is a major employer with over 2,000 physicians and nearly 12,000 employees. Our Oncology Service collaborates closely with the Translational Research Center in Onco-Hematology (CRTOH), offering an ideal environment for passionate candidates to develop translational projects in GI cancer. By joining us, you become part of a progressive team dedicated to diversity, excellence, and achievement.
Clinical Fellowship / Junior Consultant (Tenure Track Possibility) – Gastrointestinal Cancer Specialist
Embark on a fulfilling 2-year full-time journey as a Medical Oncologist Fellow specializing in Gastrointestinal Cancer at the prestigious University Hospital Geneva in Switzerland. Collaborate with a dynamic team of medical oncologists, including trainees, fellows, and consultants, to provide comprehensive care to patients with Upper GI, Colorectal, Hepato-pancreatobiliary Cancers, GI Neuroendocrine Tumors, and GISTs. This opportunity extends beyond clinical practice, allowing you to contribute significantly to the growth of the GI team.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Engage in clinical and scientific activities in outpatient clinics (60% of workload).
- Contribute to clinical and/or translational research (20% of workload).
- Undertake administrative responsibilities (20% of workload).
- Play an active and leading role in the weekly GI tumor boards.
- Develop integrative care pathways, collaborating with nutritionists and physical therapists.
- Supervise residents during outpatient clinic hours and participate in on-call duties (5 weeks per year).
- Dedicate research time to developing a translational research project linked to your clinical interest, ultimately leading to the initiation of clinical trials as a Principal Investigator (PI).
- Encourage applicants with specialization in Oesophago-gastric or Hepato-pancreatobiliary (HPB) Oncology to apply.
- Hold an MD +/- PhD degree.
- Eligible for licensing with the Swiss College of Physicians.
- Possess a specialist degree in Medical Oncology from a European country.
- Proficient in French (speaking, reading, and writing) at a level enabling self-sufficiency in clinical settings.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, responsibility, and teamwork.
How to apply
Seize this unparalleled opportunity to make a significant impact in Gastrointestinal Oncology at University Hospital Geneva. Be a part of our committed team, shaping the future of oncology care.
For more information about the job:
Please send contact Dr Thibaud Kössler: Thibaud.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Catherine CRETTON
Deadline for application is 31 May 2024.
It is the Advertisers' responsibility to ensure that any material submitted for inclusion on this section of the ESMO website complies with all relevant laws and regulations (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
Individuals applying for the position above should make direct contact with the institution making the offer and are responsible to verify the validity of the offer. The European Society for Medical Oncology will not accept responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in any job advertising materials on this section of the website.
Submissions from individuals seeking jobs/positions will not be accepted.