EUROPE’S BEATING CANCER PLAN – A MILESTONE FOR ADDRESSING CANCER IN EUROPE
The European Commission unveiled its Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan which constitutes a major EU initiative designed to reduce the impact of cancer on European society.
The plan revolves around four action areas – prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment, and quality of life of cancer patients and survivors – and includes various flagship initiatives, and supporting actions, aimed at achieving tangible results in relation to the four domains. As such, Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan has the potential to address many issues that concern the entire disease pathway.
The on demand video of the webinar will be available soon
- Rosa Giuliani, European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Francesco De Lorenzo, European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC)
- Paolo G. Casali, European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Virpi Sulosaari, European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS)
- Alexander Roediger, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Stefan Schreck, European Commission
This ESMO Public Policy Webinar provides an exchange of views amongst a diverse group of stakeholders on the cancer-related challenges that Europe faces today as well as how Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan could contribute to enhancing cancer prevention, improving treatment and care provided to cancer patients and addressing the impact of cancer in a holistic manner.