ESMO Public Policy Webinar on Bedside Rationing
Date: 29 March 2021
Time: 15:30 to 17:00
ESMO convened this virtual meeting in order to exchange views on the ethical, economical, clinical implications, and the consequences on the patient/physician relationship, of the difficult choices that physicians face when resources are scarce and explicit decisions are not made by health systems. Given the implications of bedside rationing decisions for patients, including those affected by cancer, the event presented a key opportunity to address this important topic, for the benefit of the oncology and health communities, and society at large.
- Paolo G. Casali, European Society for Medical Oncology
- Andreea Romaniuc, Municipal Emergency Hospital Timisoara, Romania
- Josep M. Borras, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Spain
- Ludovica Borsoi, SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy
- Eva Winkler, National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Heidelberg, Germany
This event is part of the ESMO Public Policy Webinar series, designed to provide information on important topics in European and global health policy.