A series of resources produced by ESMO and independent sources to address patient concerns regarding biosimilars.
- ESMO Infographic Understanding Biosimilars for Cancer Patients – the infographic explains what biosimilars are and what kind of opportunities they may bring for cancer patients and their treatment
- European Medicines Agency video on biosimilars for patients (available in 8 languages) – explains what biosimilars are and how the European Medicines Agency (EMA) works to ensure that these medicines are safe and effective
- European Commission leaflet: What I need to know about biosimilar medicines - information for patients - document explaining to patients in a clear, unbiased way what biosimilar medicines are, how they are developed and approved in the EU, and what patients can expect in terms of availability and safety
- European Commission: Q&A for patients - Biosimilar medicines explained (available in 23 languages) – written together with and for patients who seek information on biosimilars
- US Food and Drug Administration Patient and Prescriber Outreach Materials – the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) offers a variety of patient and prescriber outreach materials, including graphics, drop-in content, and social media messages, to help promote understanding of biosimilars