Influencing EU health policy and informing medical oncologists
Political initiatives impact medical professionals, oncology specialists and cancer patients in various areas, including issues either directly related to cancer or to health in general:
- Access to care and to information
- Centres of reference
- Health technology assessment
- Best practices
- Sharing resources and capacities
- Shortage of professionals
- Recognition of professional qualification, etc.
In 2006 ESMO opened a Political Affairs office in Brussels to be close to the European decision centres, authorities and institutions.
The ESMO Political Affairs office helps ESMO and its members in their mission and activities by providing specific support concerning political and European affairs.