LUGANO-MADRID – Adolescents and young adults with cancer have specific needs. Be the first to hear the latest research in this field by attending the following events at the ESMO 2017 Congress, taking place at the IFEMA in Madrid:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Patient press conference, Saturday, 9 September, 13:45 to 14:30, ESMO press conference room (ESMO Press Centre, Hall 10). Access and provision of specialised care for these patients will be discussed. A young cancer survivor will talk about surrounding diagnosis, treatment and survivorship challenges
- Research on the effect of cancer in young people on the ability to work will be discussed in a session on Saturday, 9 September. (1) This session will also feature a study on productivity in patients with advanced gastric cancer. (2)
- The impact of breast cancer on fertility in young women will be revealed in another session on Saturday, 9 September. (3)
- Results of an ESMO/SIOPE survey on specialist services for these patients will be presented in a session on Monday, 11 September (4), and published in ESMO Open. (5) The availability of paediatric radiation therapy in Europe will also be revealed. (6)
An ESMO Patient Guide on Survivorship will be published online during ESMO 2017 Congress and discussed at the Press Conference. It addresses cancer survivors’ need for support to regain a normal life, improving lifestyle and management of comorbidities.
Don’t miss this chance to get up-to-date on the field of adolescent and young adult cancer.
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO 2017 Congress
The ESMO Open embargoed paper is available for media, under request: email@example.com
Once the paper is published, it can be accessed here:
- Abstract 1110PD_PR ‘Factors associated with reduced work ability in a nation-wide cohort of long-term cancer survivors treated in young adulthood (19-39 years) - the NOR-CAYACS study‘ will be presented by Dr Cecilie Kiserud during the Poster Discussion session on ‘Public health policy and health economics’ on Saturday, 9 September 2017, 16:30 to 17:45 (CEST) in Tarragona Auditorium.
- Abstract 1112PD_PR ‘Real-World Productivity, Healthcare Resource Utilization (HRU), and Quality of Life (QOL) in Patients with Advanced Gastric Cancer (GC) in Canada and Europe‘will be presented by Mr Gregory Maglinte during Poster Discussion session on Public health policy and health economics on Saturday, 9 September 2017, 16:30 to 17:45 (CEST) in Tarragona Auditorium.
- Abstract 1541O_PR ‘Reproductive potential and performance of fertility-preserving procedures in BRCA mutation-positive (BRCA+) breast cancer (BC) patients (pts)‘will be presented by Dr Matteo Lambertini during the Proffered Paper session on ‘Supportive and palliative care’ on Saturday, 9 September 2017, 16:20 to 18:00 (CEST) in Cordoba Auditorium.
- Abstract 1438O_PR ‘Report on ESMO/SIOPE European Landscape project key results: Mapping the status and needs in AYA cancer care‘will be presented by Dr Emmanouil Saloustros during Proffered Paper session on ‘Public health policy and health economics’ on Monday, 11 September 2017, 16:30 to 18:00 (CEST) in Alicante Auditorium.
- The care of adolescents and young adults with cancer: results of the ESMO/SIOPE survey.ESMO Open 2017;0:e000252. doi:10.1136/esmoopen-2017-000252
- Abstract 1439O_PR ‘Paediatric radiation therapy across Europe - a European questionnaire survey supported by the SIOPE, ESTRO, PROS and several national paediatric hematology-oncology societies (NAPHOS)‘ will be presented by Dr Charlotte Demoor-Goldschmidt during Proffered Paper session ‘Public health policy and health economics’ on Monday, 11 September 2017, 16:30 to 18:00 (CEST) in Alicante Auditorium.
About the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
ESMO is the leading professional organisation for medical oncology. With 16,000 members representing oncology professionals from over 130 countries worldwide, ESMO is the society of reference for oncology education and information. We are committed to supporting our members to develop and advance in a fast-evolving professional environment.