The Molecular Analysis for Precision Oncology Congress 2023 (MAP) is the appointment where experts present the latest developments and discuss the present and future of the rapidly evolving field of precision oncology, whose aim is to identify genomic alterations to provide the best possible personalised treatment to patients with cancer. The congress will be held in Paris, France, between 4-6 October.
New this year
- A special day (6 October, 9:30-15:00 CEST) dedicated to applying precision medicine research to patient care. The so-called RoadMAP to the Clinic 2023 will aim to give visibility to the developments towards molecularly informed, resource-rational and timely advancement of the therapeutic options for patients with cancer. The sessions will deal with the current landscape of research and development and approval of precision therapeutics, with spotlight on the challenge of optimisation, new trial designs and new paths to drug registration; current roadblocks to and future of pan-cancer approvals based on histology agnostic biomarkers.
- Multimodal single cell characterization or application of whole-genome sequencing? How to derive a more complete understanding of cancer spatial resolution
- Related content: Session on 4 October, 9:30-11:00 CEST
- Evolution-based methods, mathematical modelling, and the tumour microenvironment: improve cancer treatment by understanding the process of clonal evolution and the drivers of cancers
- Related content: Session on 4 October, 11:30-13:00 CEST and 14:40-16:10 CEST
- New insights into resistance mechanisms in cancer to advance personalized therapies and improve patient outcomes
- Related content: Abstract 5O
- “Role of neutrophils in tumour metastases” by Ilaria Malanchi, 4 October 2023, 14:10-14:40 CEST
- “Tumour promotion and environmental carcinogens” by Allan Balmain, 5 October 2023, 13:00-13:30 CEST
The results of 169 studies from various parts of the world will be presented and published online as a supplement to ESMO Open. The abstract titles can be viewed through the online programme.
The MAP organisers welcome press representatives working for recognised press outlets interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues, upon presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card. Press representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Policy on Press Activities. To apply for press accreditation, please fill out the form available here. Requests for press accreditation should be sent by Tuesday, 3 October. Please be kindly informed that onsite press accreditations will not be available.
MAP Press Office
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: MAP 2023 and the official congress hashtag #MAP2023. Follow it to stay up to date and use it to take part in the conversation on X (Twitter), LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook