LUGANO, Switzerland – The ESMO Congress 2022 will be held in person in Paris and virtually between 9-13 September 2022.
The congress programme, with lectures, abstract and late-breaking abstract titles, is available online.
Around 2000 abstracts and late-breaking abstracts will be presented during the congress days, some of particular relevance are:
- Newly discovered mechanism of action for air pollution induced non-small cell lung cancer paves the way to new potential approaches to lung cancer prevention and treatment (LBA1)
- Screening for multiple cancers simultaneously with a blood test to facilitate early detection of previously hard to find cancers (903O - PATHFINDER)
- Targeting the right population with the right drug: the importance of designing rigorous randomised controlled Phase 3 trials in rare cancers to improve patients’ outcomes and quality of life (LBA2 – DeFi)
- Results from Phase 3 trials with immunotherapy in:
- Advanced melanoma (LBA3 - M14TIL)
- Localised renal cell carcinoma (LBA4 – CheckMate914) and previously untreated advanced renal cell carcinoma (LBA8 – COSMIC-313)
- Locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (LBA5 – KEYNOTE-412)
- Non-small cell lung cancer non eligible for a platinum-based chemotherapy (LBA11 – IPSOS)
- Epithelial ovarian cancer (LBA30 – ATALANTE/ov29)
- “What is the future of digital medicine for cancer patients?”, Deb Schrag, Saturday 10 September at 12:00 CEST
- “Antigen-focused, biotech-empowered: The promise of antibody and cell-based therapies in cancer”, John Haanen and Ton Schumacher, Sunday 11 September at 12:00 CEST
- “BRCA mutation”, Judy Garber, Monday 12 September at 12:00 CEST
Official ESMO activities for journalists
Details of the official ESMO activities for journalists will be made available online shortly.
Opening Press Conference
The ESMO2022 Opening Press Conference will be held in presence and via Zoom on Friday morning, 9 September, 10:30-11:15 CEST.
- Solange Peters, CHUV - Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Switzerland – ESMO President
- Fabrice André, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, France – ESMO 2022 Scientific Co-Chair
- Charles Swanton, The Francis Crick Institute, UK – ESMO 2022 Scientific Co-Chair
- Rosa Giuliani, The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre, UK– ESMO Director for Public Policy
- Antonio Passaro, IEO - Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Italy – ESMO 2022 Press Officer
- Lena Sharp, Regionalt Cancercentrum Stockholm, Sweden - Senior Advisor European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS)
To participate in the Opening Press Conference, media representatives must be accredited for the congress. Please submit your request for accreditation before Monday 5 September.
Embargoed press briefings
On Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning at 07:15 CEST, accredited media representatives are invited to attend press briefings (in presence and via Zoom), where the authors of selected studies will anticipate their data and will be available for questions.
All press briefings will be embargoed.
Press releases will be made available under embargo to accredited media representatives a few days ahead of the congress.
ESMO welcomes media interested in reporting from the ESMO events and on cancer issues. The ESMO Press Office will consider only media accreditation requests received through the ESMO Media Registration Form. Accredited journalists will have access to the ESMO Opening Press Conference and daily briefings (as per timeline above), all congress sessions, e-posters, exhibition, industry satellite symposia, and will be able to watch the congress webcasts.
ESMO Press Office