Multiple myeloma: EHA-ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
Published in 2021 – Ann Oncol (2021)
Authors: M.A. Dimopoulos, P. Moreau, E. Terpos, M. V. Mateos, S. Zweegman, G. Cook, M. Delforge, R. Hájek, F. Schjesvold, M. Cavo, H. Goldschmidt, T. Facon, H. Einsele, M. Boccadoro, J. San-Miguel, P. Sonneveld & U. Mey on behalf of the EHA Guidelines Committee and ESMO Guidelines Committee
- These Guidelines were developed by the European Hematology Association (EHA) and ESMO. The two societies nominated authors to write the guidelines as well as reviewers to comment on them.
- These EHA-ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines provide key recommendations on the management of multiple myeloma
- Key treatment recommendations are provided for both newly diagnosed myeloma patients and patients with relapsed/refractory disease
- Recommendations for the treatment of plasma cell leukaemia, solitary plasmacytoma and smouldering myeloma are also provided
- Key recommendations for myeloma complications, including bone disease and renal impairment, are included