Oncogene-addicted metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
Ann Oncol. 2023;34(4):339-357.
Hendriks L E, Kerr K, Menis J, et al. on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee
- This ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline provides key recommendations and algorithms for managing oncogene-addicted mNSCLC.
- The guideline covers diagnosis, staging, risk assessment, treatment and disease monitoring.
- ESMO-MCBS scores are given to describe the levels of evidence for treatment choices.
- ESCAT scores are given to describe the evidence level for genomic alterations as biomarkers for using targeted therapies.
- Recommendations are based on available scientific data and the authors’collective expert opinion.
- In clinical practice, all recommendations provided need to be discussed with patients in a shared decision-making approach.