Oesophageal cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
Annals of Oncology (2022)
Authors: R. Obermannová, M. Alsina, A. Cervantes, T. Leong, F. Lordick, M. Nilsson, N. C. T. van Grieken, A. Vogel & E. C. Smyth, on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee*
- This ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline provides key recommendations for managing oesophageal cancer.
- The guideline covers clinical and pathological diagnosis, staging and risk assessment, treatment and follow-up.
- Algorithms for the management of locoregional and advanced/metastatic disease are provided.
- The author group encompasses a multidisciplinary group of experts from different institutions and countries in Europe.
- Recommendations are based on available scientific data and the authors’ collective expert opinion.