ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for the diagnosis, staging and treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer
Published in 2021 - Ann Oncol. 2021(32)
Authors: A. Gennari, F. André, C. H. Barrios, et al, on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee
- This ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline provides key recommendations and algorithms for managing metastatic breast cancer.
- It covers diagnosis, staging, risk assessment, treatment, disease monitoring, palliative care and the patient perspective.
- ESMO-MCBS and ESCAT scores are given to describe the levels of evidence for treatment choices.
- The authors comprise an international expert group, with recommendations based on available evidence and expert opinion.
- In clinical practice, all recommendations provided need to be discussed with patients in a shared decision-making approach.