Training Experience Required
Translational Research Fellowship
- MD and/or PhD degree obtained or in the process of doing so
- Minimum one year of research experience
- Have a strong vision of their future career & of how they plan to achieve this in future
- Broad-based experience in Oncology and/or Pediatric Oncology
- Experience in cancer genomics and -omics in general will be highly appreciated
- Team player, enthusiasm, approachability, effective communication, committed to personal and professional development.
Clinical Research Fellowship
The fellow will take part in an on call Rota.
- Qualified European Pediatrician
- Broad-based experience in Pediatrics and Pediatric Oncology
- Experience in clinical trials or early trials is a plus
- Team player, enthusiasm, approachability, effective communication, committed to personal and professional development
- Proficient in French: level C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Institut Curie dates back to 1909, when Marie Curie implemented in the heart of Paris her bench-to-bedside vision of a research-care continuum. A leading player in the fight against cancer, the internationally renowned Institut Curie combines a Research Center and a Hospital Group that provides care for all types of cancers - including the rarest forms.
By embracing a crossdisciplinary approach, researchers and physicians develop together cancer-focused basic, translational and clinical research to discover more effective treatments and improve care for patients.
The international SIREDO Oncology Center (Care, Innovation, and Research in pediatric, adolescent and young adult oncology) was created in 2017. The center aims to improve patient's care through extensive comprehensive studies of the biology of the young patient's tumors. The SIREDO oncology Center combines fundamental, translational and clinical research groups as well as a pediatric and AYA unit for patient's management and care. The goal is to facilitate interactions between researchers and doctors, from bench to bed side and reciprocally. Our main strength is our capacities to start from fundamental research aimed at better understanding the biology and development of the tumors - including neuroblastoma, Ewing sarcoma and other childhood and AYA Sarcoma, medulloblastoma, ATRT and rhabdoid tumors, other brain tumors and retinoblastoma6 to preclinical and clinical studies. SIREDO develops an ambitious pediatric and AYA Oncology program that follows approximately 300 patients per year. It is a leading European center for Patients' recruitment and for early drug development, and a reference center for tumor molecular diagnosis in France.
Our group of experienced researchers and physicians has earned national and international recognition in the areas of Sarcoma, brain tumors, retinoblastoma and pediatric solid tumors. In the clinics, the medical team works with an advanced practice nursing team, as well as a social, educative, psychological/psychiatric team to provide comprehensive care to our patients and families. The team has strengthened the high quality standards of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and developed excellent links with academic and industrial sponsors. Among his/her clinical tasks, the clinical fellow will be involved in the care of children and AYA enrolled on early clinical studies of new agents.
SIREDO strongly beneficiates from the outstanding scientific environment of Institut Curie including cutting-edge research programs in immunology, genetics & epigenetics, radiation biology, physics, cell and developmental biology. The fellow will have access to 16 technology platforms recently centralized in the in-house Curie CoreTech (CTT) which covers biological complexity ranging from small molecules to whole organisms. CTT manages access, provides service support and the latest scientific
SIREDO is the ideal place to combine a translational and clinical fellowship if the candidate is qualified (MD PhD).