ESMO Women for Oncology Committee
Paving the way for tomorrow’s female oncology leaders
The ESMO Women for Oncology Committee is a team of professionals, distinguished by their commitment to generating awareness and promoting equal career-development opportunities for female oncologists.
The Women for Oncology Committee was established in early 2015 to address the challenges faced by female oncologists aiming to undertake leadership positions during their careers.
The Committee aims to:
- Inform and create a network of committed members
- Help young women be present and active in ESMO activities
- Brainstorm options to facilitate careers, including professional-private life balance
- Implement mentoring programmes
- Promote national/regional initiatives and programmes
- Acknowledge changes and progress (assign awards)
- Identify key opinion leaders to help the dissemination of W4O initiatives as well as committed members to support the programme
The Women for Oncology Committee is the point of contact between ESMO and female oncologists and is therefore an open channel to listen to the needs, challenges and experiences of female oncologists.
You are welcome to get in touch with the Women for Oncology Committee to share any suggestions, news, feedback or examples of initiatives that support the career development of women oncologists.
- Solange Peters, Switzerland
- Tamara B. Allen, UK
- Dirk Arnold, Germany
- Susana Banerjee, UK
- Giuseppe Curigliano, Italy
- Pilar Garrido, Spain
- Erika Martinelli, Italy
- Cristiana Sessa, Italy
- Eva Thalmann, Austria
- Zorica Tomasevic, Serbia
- Christoph Zielinski, Austria