Clinical Research Fellowships
This fellowship provides young oncologists with valuable training in clinical research in renowned European cancer centres and supports efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence.
The fellowship provides the necessary support to develop clinical oncology research projects and the opportunity to further enhance professional skills and competencies in oncology.
|Clinical Research Fellowship||Applications will re-open in January 2014|
The Clinical Research Fellowships are designed to:
- Provide training in clinical research in renowned European cancer centres
- Support efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence
- Provide the necessary support to develop clinical oncology research projects
Amount and duration
- 35,000€ for one year
- Host institutions will receive 1000€ for administration costs
- Be a Full or Junior ESMO member (or apply for membership)
- Be an oncologist with at least two years of clinical experience in internal medicine or medical, radiation or surgical oncology
- Be under the age of 40
- Be proficient in English
Application must include:
- Completed application form
- Digital photograph
- Detailed clinical research project proposal including timelines
- Brief statement of project goals and how the acquired techniques will be used in the home institute/country
- Name of host institute and acceptance letter from the person responsible for the project at the host facility
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s department head
Application review process:
Applications are reviewed by the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee which comprises leaders in the field of medical, radiation, or surgical oncology as well as basic scientists participating in cancer research. The committee will select the recipients after evaluating and scoring all aspects of the application.
- The extent and level of previous education (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Other professional training and publications
- Research project
- Quality of the application, overall strategy, methodology, and proposed analyses of the research data as well as and appropriateness to accomplish the specific aims within the grant term. Feasibility of the project given the time frame and the budget
The Committee will evaluate each applicant taking into consideration the above irrespective of race, sex, nationality, or religious/political views.
The candidate’s supervisors in both the host and home institute should preferably be Full ESMO members.
Important: All applications must be submitted in English; incomplete applications will not be accepted.