Slides and webcasts from this ESMO Advanced Course are open to all with at least a free ESMO account, according to the presenters' agreement to release them. ESMO thanks the authors for their generosity.
ESMO Virtual Advanced Course on Biomarkers for Precision Medicine 2020
- Start date
- 04 Sep 2020
- End date
- 05 Sep 2020
- An increasing number of therapeutics that require biomarkers testing are available for clinical use or are in advanced phase of clinical development
- Different technologies can be used for biomarker testing depending on the nature of the biomarker and the availability of biological samples
- The increasing use of large panels for comprehensive genomic profiling raises issues on data interpretation that require a multidisciplinary approach
- Monitoring the molecular evolution of the disease might allow the identification of resistance mechanisms and the development of more effective therapeutic strategies
- The identification of germline variants requires the activation of genetic counselling programs for patients and their families
The programme of this virtual event is accredited with 7 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
- Albrecht Stenzinger, Germany
- Daniel S. W. Tan, Singapore