Abstract submission is now closed
View the abstracts in the online programme
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
Wednesday, 11 January 2023
Outcome notifications are expected to be made available to first authors and submitters by end-January 2023.
- Central Nervous System (CNS)
- Digestive cancers
- Genitourinary cancers
- Gynaecological cancers
- Head and neck cancers
- Neuroendocrine and Endocrine cancers
- Public Policy and Patient Advocacy
- Research methodology
- Skin cancers and Melanomas
- Thoracic cancers
Trial in Progress abstracts
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to the ESMO Sarcoma and Rare Cancers Congress 2023.
It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of Wednesday, 11 January 2023.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will be accepted for Poster outcome only.
- Encore TiP abstracts will not be accepted.
Publication schedule of accepted abstracts
Please refer to the schedule here.
Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
Data and information beyond what is included in all accepted abstracts, for example full data sets, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.
Presentation of accepted abstracts
The ESMO Sarcoma and Rare Cancers 2023 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Mini Oral – Short oral presentations by authors presenting data of good quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster – Display session for review, discussion and questions. The presenting authors must be available for Q&A to represent their work during Poster display session.
All accepted abstracts will be published online in the ESMO Sarcoma and Rare Cancers Congress 2023 Abstract Book, a supplement to ESMO Open.
ESMO Merit Travel Grants
A restricted number of ESMO Merit Travel Grants to the ESMO Sarcoma and Rare Cancers Congress 2023 are available, upon application, to first author (= presenter) who submit abstracts considered to be deserving of recognition.
Candidates must be ESMO Members under the age of 40. Selection will be made by the ESMO Sarcoma and Rare Cancers 2023 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.