Designed for medical oncologists, basic and clinical researchers with an interest in immunology aspects in cancer, and all medical professionals keen to learn more on immunotherapy implications for clinical practice.
- The role of the immune system in cancer
- Clinical studies in immuno-oncology across tumour types
- Cancer immunotherapy implications for clinical practice
- Promising therapeutic strategies
- Integration with other therapies / combination approaches
- To provide an essential update to oncology professionals on reinitiated interest in the role of the immune system in cancer
- To present the latest achievements in immuno-oncology research across range of malignant diseases
- To elaborate on different issues in the field of immuno-oncology research relevant for clinical practice
- To discuss on perspective of promising therapeutic strategies in the field of immuno-oncology, including combination with other treatment modalities
Scientific Committee Co-Chairs
- Rolf A. Stahel, Switzerland
- George Coukos, Switzerland
- CME: The ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). The Symposium is designated for a maximum of (or 'for up to') 12 hours of European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found online here.
- ESMO-MORA: The Symposium programme has been accredited with 12 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
There will be no abstract submission for this meeting.
The Symposium webcast will include all the sessions from the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available on the ESMO website and on OncologyPro for ESMO Members.