Login and access
Your email address is your username. If you have more than one email, make sure you use the email used to create your account.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to esmo.org
- On the top right of the page click login
- Below the login box, click forgot password.
- Enter you email address and press ‘Reset Password’
- Check your email and click the reset password link
- Create a new password
- You need to enter the email address linked to your ESMO account and to check that email box for the reset password link.
- If you don’t receive the email after 20 minutes, please contact us.
Click the login button on the top right corner of esmo.org, enter your email address then click the ‘forgot password’ link and press send. You will receive an email with a reset password link. Note that you need to enter the email address linked to your account and to check that email box. If you do not receive the email after 20 minutes, please contact us.
- Clear your cookies and cache: If you experience any issues accessing the platform we suggest you clear your cookies and cache following the instructions found here.
- Internet browsers: For the best user-experience ESMO recommends the most recent version of Google Chrome, second to this would be Firefox, Safari and Opera. Internet Explorer is not recommended. Please note that ad blockers can prevent content from loading and new tabs from opening.
- Bandwidth: While there are no virtual platform access restrictions, it would be best to have a 5mb/s connection for best results with live streaming.
- Firewalls: Use of a VPN is possible, if in line with the legal conditions of your country, but content is accessible without a VPN by default. ESMO is not responsible for the default restrictions of your institute or company internet provider, network or state.
- Device: The virtual platform is accessible with any device that can connect to the internet through a browser and the experience is fully responsive to all devices.
The virtual congress platform supports the following web browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari. Please make sure that your browser is updated to the latest available version, to assure an optimum experience and compatibility. You can check if you are running the latest version via the following link: updatemybrowser.org.
Don’t have an ESMO Account?
If you are not a Member but would like to join ESMO and you meet the Membership requirements, you can do so now. Please note that it may take a few minutes to activate your Membership and then you may proceed to registration.
Reimbursements for individuals who decide to become a Member after paying the registration fee will not be made.
All individuals must register online.
The individual registration system will close on 21 September 2021. Group and Third-party registration will close on 1 September.
By early September you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the ESMO Congress 2021.
ESMO meetings are accessible to certified healthcare professionals, associated press, industry representatives and other stakeholders in the science, management and prevention of oncological diseases. Registered participants will have access to all official sessions, industry sponsored symposia and exhibition. Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Congress general information
The ESMO Congress 2021 will take place from Thursday 16 September until Tuesday 21 September 2021.
The platform will open prior to the event on 9 September, with partial content available, and will close on the 30 September.
The link to access the ESMO Congress 2021 will be available on the ESMO website, www.esmo.org
During the ESMO Congress 2021 there will be a combination of live and on-demand sessions.
The scientific session, taking place from the 17 until the 21 September, will be live streamed, with exception of the Industry Satellite Symposia, which will be pre-recorded and available on demand.
The educational sessions, taking place on the 16 September, as well as the EONS Programme, taking place on the 22 September will be pre-recorded and available on demand.
All sessions, live and pre-recorded, will be available on demand on the platform, after they have taken place, throughout the entire duration of the Congress.
All registered delegates will have access to the post congress resources and on-demand content from OncologyPRO for six months following the congress.
ESMO Members and non-Members not registered for ESMO Congress 2021 can purchase webcasts from 1 October.
All ESMO Members will have free access to the Congress webcasts as of 1 December.
Live Q&A feature will be available throughout the event.
There will be various interaction opportunities throughout the ESMO Congress 2021:
- Live Q&A following the sessions
- Post Virtual Plenaries and Presidential sessions Q&A
- Forum discussions
- 1:1 chat
- YO Lounge Discussions
- ESMO Booth
Yes, the Exhibition is accessible from Thursday 16 September until Thursday 30 September 2021, from the navigation bar on the platform.
Yes, the ESMO Booth is accessible from the Exhibition, as well as from the main navigation bar, visit us to receive all the information you need.
Private meeting spaces (Zoom) can be booked via firstname.lastname@example.org
The educational programme will be available on demand from Thursday 16 September according to the following release schedule:
- Educational sessions: Released at 08:30 CEST
- Special symposia: Released at 12:30 CEST
- Multidisciplinary sessions: Released at 16:30 CEST
The educational programme can be accessed on the platform until 30 September, as well as on OncologyPro as of 1 October.
The scientific sessions will be live streamed from Friday 17 until Tuesday 21 September.
After they have taken place, they will be available on demand on the platform until 30 September, as well as on OncologyPro as of 1 October.
The EONS14 conference, including EONS Industry Satellite Symposia, will be live streamed on Wednesday 22 September.
After they have taken place, sessions will be available on demand on the platform until 30 September, as well as on OncologyPro as of 1 October.
It will not be possible to download presentation slides from the platform. They will be downloadable, where Speaker permission is granted, from OncologyPro.
Abstracts and e-Posters will be downloadable from the platform.
Posters and abstracts
- You must register to the ESMO Congress 2021.
If your abstract has been accepted for Proffered Paper or Mini Oral:
- By end July you will receive an invitation to book your preferred timeslot to pre-record your presentation (pre-recordings will be scheduled as of 16 August).
- You will have to upload your PowerPoint presentation in the Presentation management system by 16 August.
If your abstract has been accepted for Poster presentation:
- An e-Poster must be prepared for online viewing.
- Be ready with your e-Poster by 30 August.
- Details regarding the preparation and upload of e-Posters will be available shortly in the section “Information for presenters”.
e-Posters will be available on the platform from Thursday 16 September, 08:30 CEST, for the duration of the Congress.
- Titles of accepted abstracts will be available on the ESMO website by the end of July.
- Titles of accepted late-breaking abstracts will be available on the ESMO website by early September.
- The embargo schedule of accepted abstracts will be available on the ESMO website by the end of July.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in Annals of Oncology.
Yes, presenters of accepted abstracts must register to ESMO 2021.
Corrections to accepted abstracts, including author strings, will be possible if advised in writing to email@example.com by Friday, 30 July 2021. No changes will be possible at all after this date unless requested by ESMO. Once the abstract has been published, no corrigenda will be considered unless the data published in the original abstract is proved to have a relevant and negative impact on the treatment of patients and/or the future of any related research.
Changes to slide presentations are permitted until 48 hours before your pre-recording slot.
The ESMO 2021 programme will be submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation. The final number of points will be confirmed in September.
Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
Please visit the following link and click on the “register now” button, you will be guided through.
The 2021 ESMO examination will be held in presence on Saturday 18 September 2021 (17:30-20:00 CEST) in accordance with the current rules included in anti-COVID protocols at the following sessions:
Athens (Greece), Baghdad (Iraq), Cairo (Egypt), Chennai (India), Heidelberg (Germany), Ljubljana (Slovenia), Madrid (Spain), Manchester (United Kingdom), Milan (Italy), Moscow (Russian Federation), Olten (Switzerland), Paris (France), Porto (Portugal), Stockholm (Sweden) and Utrecht (Netherlands).
Further information can be found at the following link.
You will be accredited with 50 Cat. 1 ESMO MORA points by passing the ESMO Examination
The ESMO Examination is a valuable assessment tool for practicing medical oncologists and an excellent opportunity for medical oncologists in training to assess their knowledge. The ESMO Examination is the written part of the Board Certification in Medical Oncology in Switzerland and Slovenia. In all other countries the ESMO Examination certifies an excellent knowledge in the field of Medical Oncology according to the criteria of the European Society for Medical Oncology.
If you have registered for the ESMO Congress 2021 already, visit the ESMO Booth and join ESMO from there to take advantage of special Membership offers reserved for Congress delegates.
ESMO Membership is open to all eligible professionals working in healthcare or research with an interest and educational background in oncology and/or science. We offer various categories of Membership designed to meet our members’ professional needs and career stages.
You can check your Membership status in your ESMO account under “Subscriptions”.
Membership expiring in less than 90 days can be renewed online in your ESMO account under “Renew Membership”.
If you have registered for the ESMO Congress 2021 already, visit the ESMO Booth and renew from there to benefit from special Membership offers reserved for Congress delegates.
Visit the ESMO Booth and find out how to join ESMO or renew your Membership taking advantage of special offers reserved for Congress attendees.
Press & Third-Party media activities
If your question is not answered above, please feel free to contact us.