The abstract submission system is now closed
Outcome notifications are expected to be made available to first authors by the end of October.
Abstract submission categories
- Biomarker development
- Tumour biology and tumour microenvironment
- Cell therapy immune engineering
- Therapeutic development
- Clinical practice
All accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to the official ESMO journal Annals of Oncology.
All accepted abstracts, including Late-breaking, will be published online only in the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2021 Abstract Book, a supplement to the official ESMO journal, Annals of Oncology.
Presentation of accepted abstracts
The ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2021 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Mini Oral – Short oral presentations by authors presenting data of good quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster – Display sessions for review, discussion and questions. Posters will be displayed for one day of the Congress and the presenting authors must be available for Q&A for one hour to represent their work.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2021 as Proffered Paper, Mini Oral and Poster will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 CET on Thursday, 2 December 2021.
- Late-breaking abstracts will be made public at the start of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- The Publication schedule of abstracts and Late-breaking abstracts selected for inclusion in the ESMO PR programme will be available 10 days before the Congress.
Date and time
Abstracts accepted as:
Thursday, 2 December 2021
12:00 Central European Time (CET)
Late-breaking abstracts (prefix ‘LBA’)
At the start of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
Abstracts selected for ESMO PR programme (additional suffix ‘_PR’)
ESMO PR programme publication schedule will be available 10 days before the Congress
Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
Data and information beyond what is included in all accepted abstracts, for example full data sets, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.