The ESMO Academy 2022 programme is online
- Viviane Hess, Basel, Switzerland
- Karin Jordan, Heidelberg, Germany
Year after year, the ESMO Academy has offered delegates a comprehensive, thorough update on the key topics in medical oncology, including methodology and interpretation of clinical trials, standard of care and future perspectives in the main tumour types, pharmacokinetics and drug interactions.
- Colorectal Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Pharmacokinetics & Drug Interactions
- Methodology and interpretation of clinical trials
- To understand the examination process and questions format.
- To learn/update participants about the current standard of care for the main malignancies and the supporting clinical trials.
- To learn about supportive care strategies: prophylaxis and therapy of tumour therapy induced side effects and tumor symptoms.
- To learn about the pharmacokinetics of systemic therapies for the management of cancer and the interactions of these drugs.
- To identify gaps in an individual’s knowledge for review and improvement.
- To learn from the integrated assessments and question reviews with individual speakers and the speaker panel.
ESMO-MORA: The ESMO Academy 2022 will be submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
All Speakers and Discussants are required to declare their interests, if any, and include a Declaration of Interest (DOI) slide at the start of their presentation(s).
The experts invited by ESMO as Discussants are selected on an individual basis to provide their own interpretation of the data and are not acting as ESMO spokespersons.
The ESMO recommendations on the clinical utility of new drugs are only presented in the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines and such recommendations represent the only official position of ESMO.
The meeting webcasts will be available for all delegates and will include all the sessions of the official programme where speaker permission is granted. Once the meeting has finished, the webcasts will be available on OncologyPRO and will be accessible to all registered delegates and all ESMO Members, non-Member delegates for 24 months.