Presentation of the efficacy and safety of everolimus in early stage breast cancer.
Accelerating Research to Practice
Listen to ESMO President Solange Peters presenting this new ESMO platform and its crucial role in accelerating research to practice.
Monthly presentations of the latest, original scientific data from randomized phase III trials in oncology, or from phase II trials which demonstrate remarkable therapeutic benefit, scientific insight or progress in an area of unmet need.
A maximum of two abstracts will be accepted for presentation each month (except September and November), based on the following criteria:
- Full abstract submission of original data to be presented by independent investigators, in accordance with the ESMO Congress abstract regulations.
- Submitted abstracts to be reviewed by the ESMO Congress Scientific Chairs, the appropriate Scientific Track Chairs and a panel of independent experts
- Accepted abstracts will be presented and discussed during live 60-minute sessions.
- Presented abstracts will be published in Annals of Oncology and eligible for encore presentation at the following ESMO Congress.
- To promote rapid dissemination of practice-changing clinical or translational research data in a timely presentation of scientific information whilst adhering to the principles of peer review, analysis, discussion and interaction with an audience
- To enhance the value of interactive, physical presence scientific congresses by the pre-presentation of selected trial data in a virtual setting
- To consolidate evidence-based medicine and offer an opportunity for an eco-friendly mode of abstract presentation, in ‘real time’ (to primary analyses)