Scientific Indications for Priorities of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination in Patients with Cancer
- Start date
- 16 Feb 2021
- End date
- 16 Feb 2021
The ESMO Webinar Series is freely available to all healthcare professionals working in Oncology.
The programme is designed to offer expert opinion exchange and provide some considerations on key economic, ethical and societal aspects of prioritising the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination, as well as the balance between personal and societal freedoms, and special issues in vulnerable patient groups.
Christina Ruhlmann, Emanuela Romano, Giovanni Boniolo
- Welcome and introduction, Dr. Florian Scotté, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Interdisciplinary Cancer Course Department, Villejuif, France
- Scientific Considerations in Prioritising Population Groups for SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination - Where are Cancer Patients Positioned?, Dr. Christina H. Ruhlmann, Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
- Considerations in Prioritising Subgroups Within the Population of Patients with Cancer, Dr. Emanuela Romano, Department of Oncology, INSERM U932, Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Obligatory vs Elective Vaccination Strategy in High-Risk Populations - The Ethical and Scientific Issues, Prof. Giovanni Boniolo, Department of Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
- Closing Remarks, Dr. Florian Scotté, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Interdisciplinary Cancer Course Department, Villejuif, France
- To understand different considerations important for SARS-CoV-2 vaccination prioritisation from the aspects of general population vs patients with cancer
- To understand different considerations in prioritising subgroups of patients with cancer
- To understand different ethical challenges posed by SARS-CoV-2 vaccination