Slides and webcasts from all ESMO Preceptorship courses are open to all with at least a free ESMO account, according to the presenters' agreement to release them.
ESMO Virtual Advanced Course on NTRK Gene Fusion: A New Target in Precision Treatment of Cancer 2020
- Start date
- 23 Nov 2020
- End date
- 24 Nov 2020
- Virtual, GMT +8
- Acquire knowledge of the TRK family members and their roles in ontogenesis
- Understand the mechanisms of gene fusion and the different fusion partners involved
- Learn how TRK receptors are structured and how their activation impacts signal transduction
- Review the epidemiology of NTRK gene fusion in human tumours
- Understand the methodology to identify NTRK gene fusion and the challenges of testing
- Update knowledge on the present outcome obtained with NTRK inhibitors, their toxicities and clinical management
The programme of this virtual event has been accredited with 6 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
Caterina Marchiò, Italy
David S. P. Tan, Singapore