Slides and webcasts from all ESMO Advanced courses are open to all, ESMO Members and free ESMO Account holders, according to the presenters' agreement to release them. ESMO thanks the authors for their generosity.
ESMO Virtual Advanced Course on Biomarkers for Precision Medicine 2021
- Start date
- 13 Sep 2021
- End date
- 14 Sep 2021
- Virtual, GMT +8
- An increasing number of therapeutics that require biomarkers testing are available for clinical use or are in advanced phase of clinical development
- Different technologies can be used for biomarker testing depending on the nature of the biomarker and the availability of biological samples
- The increasing use of large panels for comprehensive genomic profiling raises issues on data interpretation that require a multidisciplinary approach
- Monitoring the molecular evolution of the disease might allow the identification of resistance mechanisms and the development of more effective therapeutic strategies
- The identification of germline variants requires the activation of genetic counselling programs for patients and their families
The programme of this virtual event has been accredited with 7 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
- Albrecht Stenzinger, Germany
- Daniel S. W. Tan, Singapore