Abstract submission is now closed
Outcome notifications are expected to be made available to first authors by mid-October 2022.
Detailed instructions for the preparation of presentations and posters will be made available on the ESMO website by end October 2022 along with scheduling notices.
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
27 September 2022, 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Late breaking abstracts
Final submission deadline* 2 November 2022, 21:00 CET (Central European Time)
*A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline (27 September 2022).
Final versions must be submitted by 2 November 2022, 21:00 CEST (Central European Time).
Abstract submission categories
- Biomarker development
- Cell therapy immune engineering
- Clinical practice
- Therapeutic development
- Tumour biology and tumour microenvironment
Late-breaking abstracts may be submitted for high quality, new research findings from randomised phase II or phase III trials with implications for clinical practice or understanding of disease processes.
Only abstracts for which no conclusive data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline of 27 September 2022 will be considered for late-breaking status. The work must not have been previously published in any publication in a peer review setting or presented at a meeting of any other scientific organisation prior to ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022, and a pre-planned analysis must be scheduled between the regular submission deadline of 27 September 2022 and the late-breaking submission deadline of 2 November 2022.
Trial in Progress abstracts
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022. It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of 27 September 2022.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will not be considered for Proffered Paper (oral) presentation or Mini Oral.
- Encore TiP abstracts will be rejected. Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts will be reviewed by the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 Scientific Committee and considered on the merits of the scientific and clinical rationale of the trial.
All accepted abstracts, including Late-breaking, will be published online only in the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 Abstract Book, a supplement to the official ESMO journal, Immuno-Oncology and Technology (IOTECH).
Presentation of accepted abstracts
The ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Mini Oral – Short oral presentations by authors presenting data of good quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster – Display sessions for review, discussion and questions. Posters will be displayed for one day of the Congress and the presenting authors must be available for Q&A for one hour to represent their work.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 as Proffered Paper, Mini Oral and Poster will be published online on the ESMO website at 00:05 CET on Thursday, 1 December 2022.
- All Late-breaking abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 as Proffered Paper or Mini Oral (prefix LBA) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CET on Tuesday, 6 December 2022.
Date and time
Abstracts accepted as:
Thursday, 1 December 2022
00:05 Central European Time (CET)
Late-breaking abstracts (prefix ‘LBA’)
Tuesday, 6 December 2022
Merit Travel Grants
A limited number of Merit Travel Grants to ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 are available, upon application, to first authors (= presenter) who submit abstracts considered to be deserving of recognition. Candidates must be ESMO Members under the age of 40. Selection will be made by the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.
The application for an ESMO Merit Travel Grant must be completed during the abstract submission process. Applicants will be required to reply to the following questions:
- How relevant to your current practice are the topics presented at this Congress?
- Have you attended any event on a similar topic in the last 3 years?
- How will attendance at this Congress help with your professional development?
- How can your abstract contribute to the topics covered at this Congress?
- Have you recently been awarded an ESMO Award/ MeritTravel Grant? If yes, for which event?
And to provide the following documents:
- A copy of the submitted abstract (NOTE: The applicant must be the first and presenting author)
- A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
- A short curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
ESMO will provide the recipients with a subsidised travel ticket, subsidised accommodation and Congress registration.
Only abstract submissions made in the ESMO categories will be considered for an ESMO Merit Travel Grant.
Merit Travel grant recipients must submit a report detailing the benefits of participating in ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2022 by 15 January 2023 to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered.