ESMO welcomes media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Registration is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card. Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Media Policy which applies to all ESMO events.
To apply for media accreditation, please fill out the form available here:
Complete the media registration form
Media registration in advance is strongly recommended. Further information for press representatives will be made available closer to the event.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
- All abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO Gynaecological Cancers Congress 2023 as Proffered Paper (suffix O), Mini Oral (suffix MO), Poster (suffix P or TiP) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CET on Monday, 20 February 2023.
- Information about dedicated embargo for official ESMO communication activities will be made available two weeks prior to the congress
Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
Data and information beyond what is included in the accepted abstracts, e.g., full data sets, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.
Third-party media activities
Media activities initiated by third parties during or in connection with the event are subject to the ESMO Policy on Third-Party Media Activities which aims to guarantee proper and correct distribution of oncology and cancer-related information to media representatives in connection with the conference. Such media activities include (but are not limited to):
- Meetings such as press conferences, media briefings and educational sessions involving media representatives
- PR activities, such as press releases, news, articles, interviews, etc.
Press events concomitant with/or during breaks of the scientific programme of the event are subject to ESMO’s approval.
Please submit your request by contacting the ESMO Communications Department at email@example.com.
During Blackout times any media event initiated by third parties is not allowed
- Thursday, 23 February 2023, 08:25 - 17:50 CET
- Friday, 24 February 2023, 08:30 - 17:35 CET
According to the ESMO Media Policy, press badges may only be assigned to journalists working for recognised media organisations. Should communication agencies or companies representatives require a badge for the purpose of preparing and/or developing third party media events, please send an email to both ESMO Registration (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ESMO Communications (email@example.com) to request a dedicated temporary badge. This badge only allows access to the room where media activities are taking place. Full details are available in the ESMO Third Party Media Activities Policy.
Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media activities organised by third-parties: email@example.com