- The course is reserved to fourth and fifth year medical students (undergraduates)
- Applicants must be ESMO members (undergraduate students benefit from free ESMO membership)
- Students must be fluent in English
- Attendance for the entire duration of the course is mandatory
You will need to provide the following information to support your application:
- Full curriculum vitae (with list of publications)
- Letter of motivation for attending the course (max. 300 words)
- Letter of recommendation/support from your Head of Department/mentor
Applications for the course are now closed.
Selection of participants
- All applications will be assessed by ESMO
- Students will be selected on a competitive basis
- Free registration to the courses and accommodation (including meals) is offered
- Each student will receive a travel grant. Travel is to be organised by the student (ESMO will provide the grant AFTER the course)
Participants are required to bring their own laptop, tablet or smartphone to the course to be able to access the course material electronically.
ESMO COVID-19 Regulations
To enter the meeting venue, faculty, delegates, sponsors and staff will be required to show:
- A certificate providing evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 with or without a third booster, with a vaccine approved by WHO (the list can be found here) OR
- A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months with at least one dose of a WHO-approved vaccine administered at any timepoint
Additionally, for all it is strongly recommended:
- Testing for SARS COV2 within 48 hours prior to the inbound trip with a molecular, rapid antigen or self test. The result will not be checked by ESMO
- Wearing a face mask in closed spaces
Please note that each participant needs to follow also the specific country COVID-19 regulations approved by the local authorities, if more restrictive than the ESMO regulations.
Any changes to the COVID-19 regulations will be communicated on this webpage.