The ESMO YOC in collaboration with the ESMO Climate Change Task Force is happy to invite you to join the Virtual Train to ESMO where you can be involved in a series of YO mentorship sessions, YO clinical case discussions and “HowTo” sessions.
The Train to ESMO will virtually travel around the globe. The format offers the opportunity to young oncologists to network with leaders in their field and other colleagues, in order to obtain guidance on different career paths in oncology, discuss challenging oncology cases and get advice on practical aspects related to career development.
The programme will run from 26 August to 2 September 2022 offering daily interactive activities designed for a small group of Young Oncologists
Registration to participate is free but mandatory. Space is limited.
Train to ESMO 2022: Programme
Friday 26 August 2022, 13.00-14.00 CEST CHINA (12.00 in UK and 19.00 in Shanghai)
YO “HowTo” session: How to understand and apply statistical methods
- Expert: Matt Sydes, UK
- YO moderator: Rebecca Lee, UK
- Country Host: Hongcheng Zhu, CN
Tuesday 30 August 2022, 12.00 CEST AUSTRALIA (20.00 in Sydney, Australia)
YO Mentorship session: Career paths in oncology: Academia
- Expert: Joana Mourato Ribeiro, FR
- YO moderator: TBC
- Country Host: Elizabeth Connolly, AUS
Wednesday 31 August 2022, 18.00-19.00 (13.00 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
YO Clinical case discussion: Lung
- Expert: Roberto Ferrara, IT
- YO moderator: Matthias Scheffler, DE
- Country Host: Bruna David, BR
Thursday 1 September2022, 19.00-20.00 CEST KENYA
YO Mentorship session: How to give an effective virtual presentation
- Expert: Jeroen Dekervel, BE
- YO moderator: Hongcheng Zhu, CN
- Country Host: Abeid Athman, KEN
Friday 2 September 2022, 18.00-19.00 CEST FRANCE
YO “HowTo” Session: “How to” … overcome barriers of implementing precision medicine in your clinical practice?
- Experts: Joaquin, Mateo, ES and Philippe Aftimos, BE
- YO moderator: Kevin Punie, BE
- Country Host: Maria Kfoury, FR