ESMO welcomes media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Registration is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card. Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Media Policy which applies to all ESMO events.
To apply for media accreditation, please fill out the form available here:
Media registration in advance is strongly recommended. Further information for press representatives will be made available closer to the event.
Third-party media activities
Media activities initiated by third parties during or in connection with the event are subject to the ESMO Policy on Third-Party Media Activities which aims to guarantee proper and correct distribution of oncology and cancer-related information to media representatives in connection with the conference. Such media activities include (but are not limited to):
- Meetings such as press conferences, media briefings and educational sessions involving media representatives
- PR activities, such as press releases, news, articles, interviews, etc.
Press events concomitant with/or during breaks of the scientific programme of the event are subject to ESMO’s approval.
Please submit your request by contacting the ESMO Communications Department at email@example.com.
During Blackout times any media event initiated by third parties is not allowed
- Tuesday, 3 May 2022 from 13:45 to 17:45 CEST
- Wednesday, 4 May 2022 from 08:45 to 16:15 CEST
- Thursday, 5 May 2022 from 08:45 to 12:15 CEST
Publication schedule of accepted abstracts
- Abstracts accepted for presentation during ESMO Breast Cancer 2022 (Proffered Paper, Mini Oral and Poster) and for publication in the ESMO Breast Cancer 2022 Abstract Book, will be published online on the ESMO Breast Cancer 2022 website on Monday, 2 May 2022.
- Late-breaking abstracts (LBA) accepted for presentation during ESMO Breast Cancer 2022 will be made public on the day of presentation during the official ESMO Breast Cancer 2022 Programme.
Date and Time
Abstracts accepted as:
Monday, 2 May 2022
Late-breaking abstracts (prefix ‘LBA’)
At the start of the official Congress session during which they are presented
Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
Data and information beyond what is included in all accepted abstracts, for example full data sets, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.