The ESMO Breast Cancer 2019 programme is online!
ESMO Breast Cancer is a congress designed for breast cancer researchers and clinicians who have a specific interest in innovation (including translational research, new agents, molecular and functional diagnostics, biomarkers and cutting-edge research applications in the clinical setting) and care. It is a multidisciplinary meeting with a global scope, involving top scientists and taking place in Europe.
- To spread knowledge by interaction and networking across breast cancer specialists, worldwide and across disciplines
- To train breast cancer specialists by international breast cancer experts
- To integrate translational research into cancer care and career
- To improve precision medicine as part of breast cancer treatment
- To promote "omics" and "big data" integration in the field of breast cancer
- To improve immunotherapy approach in the breast cancer field
- To develop clinical trials of the next decade
- To demonstrate that less is more
The 2019 programme featured sessions on innovative treatments, DNA damage, early clinical opportunities, immunotherapy and breast cancer response, metabolism, regulation of breast cancer diversity, and resistance to targeted therapy. These topics spanned basic, clinical, epidemiologic, prevention, and translational research areas that have implications for treatment now and in the future.
The congress webcasts include all the sessions of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and are available on this website and on OncologyPRO for ESMO members.
ESMO-MORA: The ESMO Breast Cancer 2019 programme has also been accredited with 17 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.