ESMO welcomes Press Representatives interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Accreditation is free to Press Representatives working for ESMO-Recognised Press Outlets on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card (if applicable). Press Representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Policy on Press Activities which applies to all ESMO events.
To apply for press accreditation, please fill out the form available here:
Press accreditation in advance is strongly recommended. Further information for press representatives will be made available closer to the event.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
- All regular abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO Asia Congress 2023 as Proffered Paper (suffix O), Mini Oral (suffix MO), Poster (suffix P or TiP) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 SGT on Monday, 27 November 2023.
- All Late-breaking abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO Asia Congress 2023 as Proffered Paper or Mini Oral (prefix LBA) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 SGT on Thursday, 30 November 2023.
Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
Data and information beyond what is included in the accepted abstracts, e.g., full data sets, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.
Third-party media activities
Media activities initiated by third parties during or in connection with the event are subject to the ESMO Policy on Third-Party Media Activities which aims to guarantee proper and correct distribution of oncology and cancer-related information to press representatives in connection with the conference. Such media activities include (but are not limited to):
- Meetings such as press conferences, media briefings and educational sessions involving media representatives
- PR activities, such as press releases, news, articles, interviews, etc.
Media events concomitant with/or during breaks of the scientific programme of the event are subject to ESMO’s approval.
Please submit your request by contacting ESMO Communications at email@example.com.
During Blackout times any media events initiated by third parties is not allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: Third Parties press releases are not affected by Blackout times but must respect Embargo and official Programme rules.
- Friday, 1 December 2023, 09:30 - 18:30
- Saturday, 2 December 2023, 09:00 - 18:00
- Sunday, 3 December 2023, 09.00 - 16:00
According to the ESMO Policy on Press Activities, press badges may only be assigned to Press Representatives working for ESMO-Recognised Press Outlets. Should communication agencies or companies representatives require a badge for the purpose of preparing and/or developing third party media events, please send an email to both ESMO Registration (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ESMO Communications (email@example.com) to purchase a dedicated badge. This badge only allows access to the room where media activities are taking place. Full details are available in the ESMO Third Party Media Activities Policy.