Slides and webcasts from all ESMO Advanced courses are reserved to ESMO Members, according to the presenters' agreement to release them. ESMO thanks the authors for their generosity.
ESMO Advanced Course on Biomarkers for Precision Medicine 2022: Singapore
- Start date
- 09 Oct 2022
- End date
- 10 Oct 2022
- Singapore, Republic of Singapore
- To acknowledge that an increasing number of therapeutics that require biomarkers testing are available for clinical use or are in an advanced phase of clinical development
- To understand how different technologies can be used for biomarker testing depending on the nature of the biomarker and the availability of biological samples
- To draw attention to the increasing use of large panels for comprehensive genomic profiling raises issues on data interpretation that require a multidisciplinary approach
- To obtain in-depth understanding of how monitoring the molecular evolution of the disease might allow the identification of resistance mechanisms and the development of more effective therapeutic strategies
- To understand that the identification of germline variants requires the activation of genetic counselling programs for patients and their families
Download the preliminary programme
How to apply
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
- Your CV including a list of your publications
Applications are now closed.
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at experienced oncologists resident in Asia, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
ESMO COVID-19 Regulations
To enter the meeting venue, faculty, delegates, sponsors and staff will be required to show:
- A certificate providing evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 with or without a third booster, with a vaccine approved by WHO (the list can be found here) OR
- A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months with at least one dose of a WHO-approved vaccine administered at any timepoint
Additionally, for all it is strongly recommended:
- Testing for SARS COV2 within 48 hours prior to the inbound trip with a molecular, rapid antigen or self-test. The result will not be checked by ESMO
- Wearing a face mask in closed spaces
Please note that each participant needs to follow the Singapore COVID-19 regulations approved by the local authorities here, if more restrictive than the ESMO regulations.
Any changes to the COVID-19 regulations will be communicated on this webpage.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary registration and accommodation for this course.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 600 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
The programme of this event has been accredited with 9 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
- Kohei Shitara, Japan
- Albrecht Stenzinger, Germany
Ramada by Wyndham Singapore at Zhongshan Park
16 Ah Hood Road, Singapore 329982