The ELCC 2024 abstract submission is now open
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
Tuesday, 9 January 2024, 21:00 CET (Central European Time)
Tuesday, 20 February 2024, 21:00 CET (Central European Time)
Outcome notifications of regular abstracts are expected to be made available to first authors and submitters by end January.
Outcome notifications of accepted full LBAs are expected to be made available to first authors and submitters by end February.
- Advanced NSCLC
- Early stage NSCLC
- Imaging and staging
- Locally advanced NSCLC
- Metastases to and from the lung
- Prevention, early detection, epidemiology, tobacco control
- Translational research
- Tumour biology and pathology
Late-breaking abstracts (LBA)
Late-breaking abstracts may be submitted for high quality, new research findings from randomised phase II or phase III trials with implications for clinical practice or understanding of disease processes.
Only abstracts for which no conclusive data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline of 9 January 2024 will be considered for late-breaking status. The work must not have been previously published in any publication in a peer review setting or presented at a meeting of any other scientific organisation prior to the ELCC 2024.
A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline on of Tuesday, 9 January 2024.
Submitters of preliminary versions receiving approval to proceed must submit the final LBA by Tuesday, 20 February 2024.
Trial in progress abstracts
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to ELCC 2024
It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of 9 January 2024.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will not be considered for Proffered Paper (oral) presentation or Mini Oral.
- Encore TiP abstracts will NOT be accepted.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
Details regarding the publication of accepted abstracts will be available on this page in due time.
Details regarding ESMO PR activities will be made available 10 days prior to the Congress.
Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
Data and information beyond what is included in all accepted abstracts, for example full data sets, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.
Presentation and publication of accepted abstracts
The ELCC 2024 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Proffered Paper: Oral presentation of original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives
- Mini Oral: Short oral presentation of good quality data, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster: Display session for review, discussion and questions. The presenting authors must be available for Q&A to represent their work.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the ELCC 2024 Abstract book, a supplement to the official ESMO journal, ESMO OPEN.