ESMO Advanced Course on Cholangiocarcinoma: Where Are We Going? 2023: Barcelona
- Start date
- 15 Sep 2023
- End date
- 16 Sep 2023
- Barcelona, Spain
- Application deadline
- 24 May 2023 at 23:59 CEST
- To understand diagnostic challenges and clinical and molecular differences in cholangiocarcinoma
- To review adjuvant and palliative treatment strategies in patients with cholangiocarcinoma
- To discuss the role of locoregional therapy for cholangiocarcinoma
- To investigate the role of immunotherapy for the management of cholangiocarcinoma
- To explore currently available and novel targeted therapies and treatment options for advanced disease
Download the preliminary programme
How to apply
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
- Your CV including a list of your publications
Applications for the course will close on 24 May 2023.
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at experienced oncologists resident in Europe, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
ESMO COVID-19 Regulations
Each participant needs to check and comply with the latest health and travel regulations to ensure a fast and easy journey.
ESMO requires that all attendees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 OR recovered in the last 6 months with at least one dose of a vaccine by the time of the meeting. Vaccination proof will not be checked by ESMO.
Additionally, we strongly recommend:
- Testing for Covid-19 within 48 hours prior to the inbound trip with a molecular, rapid antigen or self-test. The result will not be checked by ESMO
- Wearing a face mask in closed spaces
- Avoid shaking hands; wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser
The individual safety and hygiene measures of all participants is our priority, so we implemented additional measures on-site at the venue:
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the hotel
- Masks will be available on-site
- All surfaces will be disinfected on a regular basis
Any changes to the COVID-19 regulations will be communicated on this webpage.
ESMO bears no responsibility for any untoward events in connection with, before, during and after the course. Participants are strongly advised to take out their own personal and travel coverage.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration and accommodation.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 600 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
The programme of this event has been accredited with 10 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
- Stefano Cascinu, Italy
- Angela Lamarca, Spain
NH Barcelona Stadium
Travessera de les Corts 150-152