Prognostic evaluation in patients with advanced cancer in the last months of life: ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline
ESMO Open. 2023;8(2):101195.
Stone P, Buckle P, Dolan R, et al., on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee
- This ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline provides key recommendations for using prognostic estimates in advanced cancer.
- The guideline covers recommendations for patients with cancer and expected survival of months or less.
- An algorithm for use of clinical predictions, prognostic factors and multivariable risk prediction models is presented.
- The author group encompasses a multidisciplinary group of experts from different institutions in Europe, USA and Asia.
- Recommendations are based on available scientific data and the authors’ collective expert opinion.