Malignant pleural mesothelioma: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
Ann Oncol. (2021)
S. Popat, P. Bass, C. Faivre-Finn, et al, on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee
- This ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline provides key recommendations for managing malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- The optimal diagnostic methods, pathological evaluation and staging are described.
- The authors make recommendations on the role of surgery and macroscopic complete resection as part of multimodality therapy.
- The authors discuss optimal first-line, maintenance and salvage systemic therapies and immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- The authors discuss the role of prophylactic, radical and palliative radiotherapy and optimal supportive care.