Biliary tract cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
Ann Oncol. 2023;34(2):127-140.
Vogel A, Bridgewater J, Edeline J, et al, on behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Committee
- This ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline provides key recommendations for managing biliary tract cancer.
- The guideline covers clinical and pathological diagnosis, staging and risk assessment, treatment and follow-up.
- A treatment and management algorithm for locoregional and advanced/metastatic disease is provided.
- ESCAT scores are given to describe the evidence level for genomic alterations as biomarkers for using targeted therapies.
- Recommendations are based on available scientific data and the authors’ collective expert opinion.